Actolind® w Solution is a cleansing, irrigation, decontamination, moistening and care solution used together with materials such as bandages, dressings, pads and wound fillers for acute, chronic and infected wounds as well as 1st and 2nd degree burns.
Actolind® w Solution cleans wounds mechanically. Surface active agents in its composition provide a convenient and painless cleaning needed before wound care by decreasing the surface tension. Actolind® w Solution contributes to the wound healing process by ensuring a highly positive cleansing and moisturizing effect on applied areas.
Actolind® w Solution is effective against multidrug-resistant (e. g. MRSA, VRE) and mycotic pathogens. It is also well tolerated by allergics and diabetics.
This product is a Class III Medical Device according to the Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC
Poloxamer, Polyhexamethylene biguanide (Polyhexanide, 0.1%) purified water
- Infected or uninfected acute wounds (e.g. traumatic wounds that occur as the result of cuts, tears, excoriation, crushing, being bitten, being stung or surgical wounds)
- Infected or uninfected chronic wounds (diabetic ulcers, venous ulcers, decubitus (pressure sore), etc.)
- Infected or uninfected thermal or chemical wounds (1st and 2nd degree burns, chemical burns, wounds that caused by electrical current, radiation wounds etc.)
- Entry regions of urological catheters,
- Maintenance of peristomal skin, fistulas and abscesses, wound surface prior to dressing, suitable for antiseptic cleansing, softening and removal of dressing materials, bandages, dressings, pads and wound fillers that are dried, contaminated and adhered to the wound
Actolind® w Solution should be used for wound surface cleaning and irrigation before any treatment.
Actolind® w Solution can be applied in combination with Actolind® w Gel. The wound should be cleaned with Actolind® w Solution before the application of Actolind® w Gel to remove any contaminants and deposits.
Actolind® w Solution can also be used for antiseptic cleansing and softening of encrusted dressing materials that are dried and adhered to the wound surface and difficult to remove.
Actolind® w Solution does not inhibit granulation or epithelialization. It has neither irritating nor pain giving properties. It causes no sensitization and can be used safely for a long time.
Actolind® w Solution can be applied directly onto the wound as well as onto the bandage and gauzes.
The entire wound and its surroundings should be thoroughly cleaned with Actolind® w Solution. For optimal wound cleaning, it is recommended to wet the wound consisting of deep and intensively necrotic tissues, for at least 10-15 min. with the help of a fully wetted compress (application of wet dressing). The application can be repeated according to the wound conditions without any time limits. Do not dilute the solution! The cleaned wound can be covered with Actolind® w Gel and bandaged properly.
Thoroughly wet dressings and bandages adhered to the wound surface with Actolind® w Solution, wait 5-10 min. For softening and remove them carefully from wound. Wetting the dressing materials with Actolind® w Solution prevents adhering to the wound surface and facilitates dressing change significantly. In order to maintain a moist wound climate, the dressing can be changed daily, if necessary, several times a day. Actolind® w Solution is compatible with all modern wound dressings.
Possible infections can be avoided by regular cleaning catheter inlet ports, flexible connectors and its environment by Actolind® w Solution. Spray Actolind® w Solution on the area from a short distance and wait 1-5 min. The ingredients of Actolind® w Solution are particularly mucous membranefriendly, cleanse catheter and PEG material without damaging it. As with wound care, encrusted sticking plasters can be removed easily after wetting with Actolind® w Solution.
Actolind® w Solution can be heated to body temperature prior to use.
Do not use Actolind® w Solution in the following cases:
- In hyaline cartilage and aseptic joint surgeries, in the middle and internal ear and in the eye (If Actolind® w Solution contacts the aseptic cartilage, wash immediately with Ringer solution or physiological saline solution)
- In case of hypersensitive to any of the ingredients
- On central nervous system or meninx
- Along with anionic surfactants, cleansing soaps, creams, oils, enzymes, etc. (These substances should be removed fully from the wound surface before use)
- Peritoneal lavage and washing
|Unit||Packaging Unit||Packaging Type||Article-No.|
|5 ml||100 x 5 strip||Monodose Strip||06.6703.05||10 ml||50 x 5 strip||Monodose Strip||06.6703.10||50 ml||200||Bottle with spray cap||06.6703.50||100 ml||100||Bottle with spray cap||06.6703.100||250 ml||40||Bottle with spray cap||06.6703.250||350 ml||40||Bottle||06.6703.350||500 ml||20||Bottle||06.6703.500||1 L||10||Bottle||06.6703.1|